Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baseball fans exist. The first time I walked into the Baseball Hall of Fame, I was expecting to be bored. Im not a huge baseball fan and I assumed that the museum would just be a huge hall with lots of bronze plaques. Welp, you know what they say about assuming and I indeed made an ass of myself. I walked around the museum in awe. It was amazing. The exhibits were beautifully laid out with cool artifacts in each and lots of fun interactives. It was/is totally cool. I left wanting to sing “take me out to the ballgame” and “the star spangled banner” simultaneously on the streets. I wanted everyone to go there and feel the same passion that was instilled into me by visiting.
SO, now every Tuesday and Thursday I wake up at 6:30am. I eat breakfast in the kitchen, while outside my window the sun rises over the snowy valley of the great Catskill Mountains. I leave my house, coffee in hand, and walk into town. I then board a bus and take the one hour commute into Cooperstown NY. I am dropped off at the beautiful Baseball Hall of Fame!! I am interning there with the Education Department. I am currently revamping their Fine Arts lessons. These are lessons to be taught by art teachers who plan on visiting the museum to see our fine arts collection. I am also helping with the new education center-- its this great new room off of the fine arts gallery. I am working around so many baseball fans and just loving the game more and more. In fact, I think I can officially say that I am a fan myself!

2 comments:

  1. Love it that you love your internship! Keep smiling and learning and then sharing the joy. Go ahead and whistle while you walk back to the bus! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Syd! Just spied a billboard promoting the Rockwell exhibit at the Louisville Slugger museum!

    ReplyDelete