Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn exists. Last weekend, the weekend of the 24th, was the most fantabulous autumn weather. It was warm, with lots of sun but mixed with a cool breeze—perfeccttt. My weekend (and the rest of the week) was filled with dinner parties, studying, card games, class, meetings, trail mix, studying, crocheting, cocktail parties, studying, and “Sex and the City.”

On the 24th, my housemates and I traveled over to our friends’ house for dinner. SR made the most wonderful mini-pizza-type-things for all of the guests. As we waited for our delicious homemade treats, we listened to music, danced around, colored and prepped ourselves for a cocktail party, being hosted across the street.



The cocktail party was nice. I rarely see my group of friends dressed up all fancy and such, so most of the party consisted of talking about how nice we all looked! The night ended early for a lot of us (considering we are Grandmas) and we were back at our house and ready to be in bed by 11:30pm!



On the 25th, AK and I went off to Pine Lake. The Pine Lakers and Challenge Education Staff were hosting a day of fun, autumn-y events. One of these events included my all-time favorite: the cardboard boat races!! Our friends had entered into the race a few hours before, and they had three hours to construct a boat out of cardboard, plastic wrap and duct tape. We helped them with the final last minute touches, which included awesome cardboard costumes to show our support.





THIS IS THE GLORIOUS BOAT (Notice the boats name…)



Before the race, an elderly man was looking over all of the boats and told me that He was voting for us, which he so appropriately named: the pirates!!
Unfortunately, the old man did not choose correctly because our band of pirates along with our cardboard pirate ship only stayed afloat for about 3 feet.



Some of the other boats…





On the afternoon of the 26th AK and I made Bloody Marys and played cards out on our back deck. We played Phase10 which is one of my favorite games to play! AK and I get very competitive with most games we play, but Phase10 is one of the tamer of the games.





In lieu of celery sticks for our Bloody Marys, we used green silverware.



This is a picture of what my wonderful breakfast looked on the morning of the 30th (it tasted better than it looked!) My camera is terrible when I have to take pictures in the slightest bit of darkness… but my breakfast was Price Chopper (HI-YAH!) pancake mix, with cut up banana, topped with a yummy cup of Trader Joes Fair Trade coffee. Because I had an astronomy quiz this morning, my notes and flash cards joined me for breakfast.



PS. AFTER THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN my chair collapsed underneath me and I fell onto the ground, hard. AK laughed, not only because I collapsed on the floor, but also because it happened while I was photographing my breakfast…

UPDATE: the rainbow blanket

My rainbow blanket now has lots of new colors to it. After my first two rows, I was worried that it was looking like someone threw up on the blanket- ew. But it looks better and better as more colors are added!!

No comments:

Post a Comment